The Science of Brain Health , The Care of Angels
Guardian Angel Homes has the finest Independent, Assisted Living, & Memory Care homes in the nation! We are one of the first in the industry to embrace a truly unique approach to Brain Health and Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care by incorporating The Enhance Protocol® into the care of every resident.
The Enhance Protocol® is currently offered at the Richland Washington location. It is coming to the Hermiston Oregon, Liberty Lake Washington, and Post Falls Idaho locations approximately October 2021.
The Enhance Protocol®: Audio-Visual Entrainment (AVE)
Audio-Visual Entrainment (AVE) uses pulses of light and sound at targeted frequencies to gently and safely guide the brain into specific brainwave patterns.
By altering brainwave frequencies, you can:
- Boost your mood
- Improve sleep patterns
- Sharpen your mind
- Increase relaxation
The AVE is an effective therapy for many disorders, such as anxiety, ADHD, seasonal affective disorder, sleep disorders, PTSD, and chronic pain.
It is also used to:
- Boost physical performance in athletes
- Increase academic performance in students
- Improve business performance in professionals
- Improve cognitive performance in seniors.
AVE produces situationally-appropriate brainwave frequencies through the process of entrainment (the tendency of physiological processes to mirror environmental stimuli). AVE also increases cerebral blood flow and increases the metabolization of glucose in the brain for improved functioning of the neurons. The combined outcome of these processes is improved mental performance.
During AVE, the brain-body’s regenerative repair chemicals (parasympathetic hormones) and stabilizing neurotransmitters (serotonin, endorphins, and dopamine) are released, which restore brain function.
Several things occur when you use an AVE device:
- First, the electrical activity in your brain is altered. As the AVE frequency changes, so does the frequency of your brainwaves. For example, the Mood Booster sessions re-stabilize brainwaves by suppressing left frontal alpha while boosting right frontal alpha.
- Second, you are being dissociated. When using AVE, you get drawn into the present moment and let go of thoughts related to daily hassles, hectic schedules, paying bills, worries, threats, or anxieties, and you stop the unhealthy mental “chatter”. Dissociation involves a “disconnection” of self from thoughts and body awareness, as is experienced during deep meditation.
- Third, your limbic system stabilizes. Your body calms, your breathing becomes rhythmic, your hands warm, and your muscles relax.
- Fourth, a number of neurotransmitters are being produced. People with depressed mood typically have low levels of serotonin and norepinephrine. AVE boosts brain levels of serotonin and norepinephrine to improve overall well-being.
- Finally, your cerebral blood flow (CBF) increases. Low CBF is associated with many forms of mental disorders, including anxiety, depression, attentional problems, behavior disorders, and impaired cognitive function. CBF tends to lower as we age, causing cognitive decline.
Contact us today!
We would love to speak with you about how Guardian Angel Homes can assist you or your loved one.
If you have any questions, would like to tour one of our homes, or receive a consultation with one of our specialists, please fill out the form below.
If you prefer to speak with someone, please call us at (800) 745-4120.